Saturday, July 25, 2020

Piute Log...Why No Jacks? 1995

19 Sep (Tue)      ◦◦◦◦◦ Got a late start and then spent a thoroughly exasperating forty-five minutes at the warehouse. Out at the barn, started hooking up the 2-horse trailer but when I had the thing jacked up as high as it would go it still wouldn’t reach the giant 4truck’s hitch ball. So I drove back to town [5 miles in the wrong direction] and went to the warehouse to find me another jack. No one around. Eventually located two—both inoperative. Looked in our two trucks. No jack in either! Got keys to a couple of Range’s trucks from the key file and, hey, guess what? No jack in either one! Not that I could find, anyway. By this time it felt like I was acting in some farcical parody of rank government ineptitude. No jacks in any Forest Service vehicles! Why no jacks in our vehicles?!! Where have all the jacks gone?! I just about lost my cool. Finally said (to myself, in resignation), Ohhh welll! Drove out to Wheeler, hooked up the 4-horse trailer that was out there already and caught up my two ponies. Mercifully, it was and easy catch. ◦◦◦◦◦ 

      ©2020 Tim Forsell                                                                                               25 May 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment